Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Joker

One project my sister and I took part in was called "Joker Film-Smile with A Vengenance." Gotta like the title. It is an innovative character sketch of the joker of batman. If you have seen the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight', you would probably agree with me that actual details in regards to the Joker's character background are rather obscure. In the movie, he makes a couple references as to the reason he has a scar, for example, but changes his story behind the scar on more than one occassion.
Anyway, this independent film has done pretty well, by my standards. The main actor in the film, Josh Davidson aka "the Joker" says there have been more than 300,000 hits on the you-tube version of the film. He also said that as a result of his excellent character portrayal in the film, (okay I threw in excellent there!) he has been contacted by a Hollywood casting director and offered a role in a major feature film.
So, how were we involved? Well, my sister and I were background actors at one of the Glen Burnie shoots. We dressed in our renaissance regala and acted as trick-or-treaters. We also brought our friend Corey from VA along, who had his acting debut that day! We provided him with an eye patch and pirate bandana to accessorize himself with. ;) There were several other trick-or-treaters quite a bit younger than us but consequentially, Corey, Ande and i were filmed in a scene which had just the three of us in it. Two dogs were dressed up also-A golden retriever pumpkin and a chihuahua dragon! Josh's son was even in the shoot, suited up in his football gear and ready for his game later that evening.
Josh and the production crew were friendly and easy to work with. Josh is in charge of the production company Bemore Films and the other production company, Clear Vision Productions is based in New Jersey. Unfortunately, I did not get to watch Josh's acting but his costume and make-up were superb I must say. Ande, Corey and I had a great time and my sister and I hope for another chance to work with Bemore Productions or Clear Vision Productions in the future.

Oh by the way, here is the trailer.

No comments: